Chef Dragos of Grubcult Food Co. shared his delicious recipe for a Prosciutto, Burrata & Fig Jam Sandwich, the perfect savoury light sandwich for a summer afternoon. His experimental kitchen brings forth a titan of delicious, perfectly plated meals, and this sandwich is among the best of them. He combines the robust saltiness of the prosciutto, the fresh, milky flavour of burrata, the honey-like sweetness of figs, and the piquancy of arugula into a French baguette or submarine roll. It is an easy hit among guests at a summer cookout, easily paired with a pinot gris, and with a few Italian staple ingredients it is sure to please at any time of year.
Prosciutto, Burrata & Fig Jam Sandwich
- 1 footlong submarine roll
- 2 Tbsp fig jam
- 200g thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 125g burrata cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- olive oil, to taste
- balsamic glaze, to taste
1. Slice the submarine roll open on one side and toast in an oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 3-5 minutes, depending on taste.
2. Spread the fig jam finely over the toasted inside bottom of the roll. Fold the prosciutto slices over, then top with the burrata and slice it open, flattening the cheese along the whole roll.
3. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze over the burrata and the toasted inside upper half of the sub roll. Top with arugula. Close the sub, slice in half, and enjoy!