Introducing the delectable creation by chef Yoseb Vardeh – the renowned Signature Bao Buns. This recipe, hailing from Yoseb’s culinary ingenuity, brings together a delightful blend of textures, featuring a crispy and fluffy delight. Whether you seek a shared sweet treat or a personal indulgence, these buns are sure to bring a smile to your face. With limitless possibilities for customization, this quick and effortless dish is a perfect choice for any time of year. You can find them at the Richmond Night Market.
Signature Bao Buns
- Traditional Bao Bun
- Oil, enough to deep fry
- 1 1/2 ounces of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Condensed milk
- Icing sugar
1) Cross-cut your bao just before you cut through all the way. You will end up with 4 evenly sized baos but still connected by the bottom.
2) Deep fry your bao, bottom side into fryer first. It will float while frying. This will crisp up the bottom. Fry for 2 minutes. Flip after 2 minutes and fry for 2 more minutes or until your desired golden brown.
3) Strain excess oil off the bun and put it onto a plate
4) Add your favourite brand of Vanilla Ice Cream – 1.5 ounces
5) Drizzle condensed milk and icing sugar
Note: It’s a simple recipe, but the options are endless. Add different ice cream and toppings, so many combinations work on these Buns.