On the occasion of the Mexican community’s celebrations for Cinco de Mayo, Mazola shared with us the recipe for this Baked Tortilla Chips, a simple, beginner-friendly recipe that will please even the pickiest of eaters, perfect for a snack during the day or as an appetizer addition.
Baked Tortilla Chips
● 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
● 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Mazola® Canola Oil
● 1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Cut tortillas into quarters and place in a large bowl. Toss with oil and garlic salt.
3. Place the tortillas in a single layer on the baking sheets; do not overcrowd.
4. Bake 5 minutes; remove from oven and turn each chip over. Switch pans between oven racks and rotate each pan for even baking. Continue to bake an additional 3 to 7 minutes until crispy and lightly browned. Watch carefully so the chips don’t get too brown.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Use baked chips for nachos, snacking or crush for casserole toppings.