Bonjour Vietnam Bistro‘s chef sent us this recipe for Clams with Kaffir lime leaves and Lemongrass to share with our readers. Enjoy!
Clams with Kaffir lime leaves and Lemongrass
– 12 oz. (340 g) clams, rinsed and scrubbed
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, cut diagonally
– 3 slices galangal
– ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
– 6 bird’s eyes chillies, lightly pounded
– 1/2 cup water
– 6 kaffir lime leaves, slightly bruised
– 2 tablespoon fish sauce, or to taste
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
1. Heat up a wok with the oil.
2. When the oil is heated, add the lemongrass, garlic, galangal, bird’s eye chillies and do a few quick stirs.
3. Add the clams and stir to combine, followed by water. Add the kaffir lime leaves and cover the wok.
4. Cook the clams for about 2-3 minutes or until all clams are open.
5. Add the fish sauce, tamarind paste, and sugar. Stir to blend well and serve.