Along with the sunshine and heat we have been experiencing, we have officially entered the best season for berries in Canada. With raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cherries all in season, market-goers and pick-your-own visitors alike are looking for recipes to enjoy these flavourful gems at their prime. Bake Good shared with us this Strawberries and Cream Popsicles recipe, the perfect balance of sweet berries and tart Greek yogurt with a smooth vanilla finish. It’s hard to enjoy just one!
Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine strawberries with 2 tablespoons of corn syrup and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a blender OR food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Combine yogurt with the remaining 2 tablespoons of corn syrup and 2 tablespoons of sugar in another bowl. Add vanilla and stir until smooth.
3. Spoon mixtures into popsicle molds in alternating layers. Swirl layers using a thin knife to pull the berry mixtures up the sides creating fun designs. Add sticks and freeze until solid; about 12 hours or overnight. To unmold popsicles, run water along the sides