Chef Tessa Price (on TikTok as well) shared with us her recipe for white chocolate matcha brownies adapted from a brownie recipe that her mom, who inspired her love for baking, has been making for years. These brownies have a delicious richness from the matcha powder that balances perfectly with the sweetness of the white chocolate. They have a delightfully fudgy texture as well, perfect for a cozy fall day, and will certainly leave people wanting a second piece!
White Chocolate Matcha Brownies
- 4.5 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp real matcha powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Melt the white chocolate and margarine or butter in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Add in the matcha powder, white and brown sugar, vanilla and eggs, and whisk together well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, flour and baking powder. Then add this dry mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
4. Add in the white chocolate chips and stir to combine again.
5. Butter a baking pan, line it with parchment paper and pour in the brownie batter. Optional: sprinkle extra white chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter!
6. Bake at 350°F for ~25 minutes or until done, then transfer onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy!