For this week’s recipe, Check Chuck Hughes shared his recipe for baked BBQ turkey wings & carrot slaw. This recipe is perfect for any summer party and will be sure to delight your taste buds!
Chuck is the co-owner and executive chef of Montreal hot-spot Garde Manger. He is also the talented star of such shows as Chuck’s Day Off, Chuck’s Week Off, Chuck’s Eat The Street and Chuck & Danny’s Road Trip. His unbridled passion for entertaining translates into both memorable food and captivating television.
In 2015, he launched a line of highly anticipated food products. My Kitchen Staples are delicious essential items such as olive oils, vinegars, cocktail sauce, maple syrup, antipastos and hot sauces that Chuck uses in both his restaurants and at home. My Kitchen Staples are currently available in stores across Canada. Go to www.chuckhughes.ca to find the nearest one.
Most recently Chuck launched a cookware line exclusively with The Bay, available in stores now. Next up, Chuck will start production of his third season of Chuck and the First Peoples’ kitchen on APTN.
Baked BBQ Turkey Wings & Carrot Slaw
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Baked BBQ Turkey wings
• 2 turkey wings
• 2 Tbsp Mustard powder
• 1 Tbsp Paprika
• ¼ tsp Cayenne
• 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
• ¼ tsp Onion Powder
• ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
• 2 cups shredded Carrots
• 1 cup shredded Cabbage
• ½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Pepper
• 1 Tbsp White balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp Maple syrup
• ¼ tsp Ground ginger
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp Olive oil
• 1 Tbsp Poppy seeds
Baked BBQ Turkey Wings
1. Separate each wing from the joint to make 2 pieces and pat dry.
2. Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add wings and coat evenly.
4. Place a wire rack on top of a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Place wings on rack and let dry uncovered in fridge ideally overnight or for as long as you can (even 15 minutes will help!)
6. Bake at 425°F covered with aluminum foil for about 45 minutes.
7. Uncover, brush with olive oil and broil for 5 more minutes.
1. Whisk all dressing ingredients and pour over cabbage and carrots.
2. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle poppy seeds and mix well again.
4. Cover and keep in fridge until ready to serve.
-Protein 74 g
-Carbs 24 g
-Fat 42 g
-Sodium 2094 mg