Food Blogger Alice Phan shared with us this tasty Bánh Giầy Pork Buns recipe, her childhood favourite growing up in her Vietnamese household. These buns made with Mazola Vegetable Oil are soft, pillowy, and a great handheld treat to enjoy at home or on the go!
Bánh Giầy Pork Buns
Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Approximately 8 buns
Level of difficulty: Easy
● 225g glutinous rice flour
● 15g rice flour
● 1 tbsp Mazola Vegetable Oil
● 1⁄2 tsp salt
● 200ml hot water
● chả lụa (pork sausage)
● banana leaf (as liner, optional)
1. Combine glutinous rice flour, rice flour and salt. Add oil and hot water in 3-4 intervals. Mix until dough is formed into a ball. Allow to rest covered for 30 minutes.
2. Slice chả lụa into 1cm pieces.
3. Cut banana leaf into squares or circles to use as a liner in your steamer.
4. Uncover dough and portion into equally weighted pieces. Roll out dough slightly larger than chả lụa slices. Steam for 10 minutes.
5. Once slightly cooled, sandwich a slice of chả lụa into two pieces of steamed glutinous rice cakes.