Healthy Vegan BC Blueberry Pancakes (Gluten-free)
Yields: 12-14 pancakes
-1/2 cup Oat flour
-1 cup Almond flour
-1 cup Frozen BC Blueberries (plus lots more for topping)
-2 tbsp Flaxseed + 5 tbsp water
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1 tsp Cinnamon
-1 tsp Baking soda
-1 Mashed banana (1/2 cup)
-1 tsp Vanilla extract
-3/4 cup Almond milk
-2 tbsp Maple syrup
-1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1. In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
2. Mix flaxseed and water and set aside for 5-10 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
3. In a separate bowl, mix mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and flaxseed + water mixture.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together, then add the 1 cup of blueberries to the batter.
5. Heat pan or griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Scoop batter onto pan in small pancake shapes (2-3 small spoonfuls of batter per pancake). **Note: smaller pancakes will be much easier to flip – when using almond/oat flour it can be harder to flip pancakes so by making them smaller makes it easier to work with (plus you get more pancakes!)
6. Let cook for 5-6 minutes or until bubbles form on the top. When you can comfortably get a spatula underneath the pancake to flip it without breaking the pancake in half, it is cooked enough to flip. Flip the pancake and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes and then remove from the pan.
7. Top with more blueberries and whatever pancake syrup you would like. Maple syrup pairs really nicely with this, as does a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter.