Oroweat Organic recently partnered with local Nutritionist and author of This Kitchen is for Dancing, Karlene Karst, to create two recipes using Oroweat Organic’s range of sustainably baked bread, which is produced locally in Langley, BC. Here is one of those recipes for a Roasted Tomato Pesto Melt.
Roasted Tomato Pesto Melt
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
– 2 slices of Oroweat bread (100% Whole Grain)
– 4 tomato slices
– 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
– 4 tablespoons basil pesto – homemade or store-bought
– Fresh cracked pepper
– Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven on the broiler setting. Toast the bread slices!
2. Once the bread is toasted, add 2 tablespoons of pesto onto each slice and spread evenly.
3. Place tomato slices on top, followed by slices of cheese on top of tomato.
4. Place in broiler for about 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Drizzle extra pesto on top of the sandwich, sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and salt.