This week, Chef Tushar Tondvalkar, Founder of The Indian Pantry Catering Co., shared with us this Pork Vindaloo & Poe bread recipe to try at home. Enjoy!
-1.5 lb St Louis style ribs
-2 medium size White Onion fine diced
-4tbsp Olive oil
-5tbsp Fine Chopped Garlic
-3tbsp Fine Chopped Ginger
-2tbsp Indian Pantry Vindaloo masala
-4tbsp White vinegar
-1tsp Red chilli powder
-1tsp Cane sugar
-1 cup Water
-Cilantro To garnish
-Salt To taste
1. Marinate the Ribs with vindaloo masala, white vinegar, sugar, red chilli powder and a touch of salt and keep it aside for 30 min
2. In a medium crockpot heat oil on medium heat add onion and saute until it is translucent.
3. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for another 3-4 minutes
4. Add the marinated ribs saute it for 2 minutes then add water and let it slow cook on low-medium heat for about 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.
5. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with Poe bread
● Feel free to add more vindaloo masala accordingly to your spice level.
● The gravy should be semi-dry
-1 ½ cups Whole wheat
-1 cup All-purpose flour
-2 tsp Yeast
-1 cup Water
-5 tbsp Wheat bran
1. Activate the yeast with warm water and sugar
2. Mix all the ingredients except for wheat bran and make a dough
3. Proof the dough for 2 hours or until it’s doubled in size
4. Make 6 equal portions of the dough, roll it round to ½ inch of thickness use wheat flour if needed and sprinkle wheat bran on top
5. Proof again for 45 minute
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
7. Bake the Poe for 8-10 minutes