Switch up your breakfast routine in the new year with a health-forward smoothie! The BC Blueberry Green Zinger Smoothie is filled with fruits, veggies, and of course, frozen BC Blueberries. It also calls for pre-made green tea, a great caffeine substitute if you’re trying to limit your coffee intake in 2022.
BC Blueberry Green Zinger Smoothie
Yields 4 Portions – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
– 2 cups Spinach
– 5 stalks kale, roughly chopped
– 1 cup Beets, cooked and roughly chopped*
– 2 tsp fresh ginger
– 2½ cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
– ½ cup Lemon juice or another citrus
– 3 tbsp Honey
– 1 ½ cup Green tea, prepared and cooled
– ½ cup Water
You can buy pre-cooked beets or cook your own by wrapping in foil and roasting in a medium oven for 90 minutes.
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.