Chef Angie Quaale of gourmet food store Well Seasoned sent us this recipe for Sheet Pan Citrus Turkey Thighs with Root Vegetables & Chickpeas to share with our readers. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Citrus Turkey Thighs w/ Root Vegetables & Chickpeas
Chef Angie Quaale
-¼ cup olive oil
-2 lemons – 1 zested and juiced + 1 thinly sliced
-1 large navel orange, zested and juiced
-2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-4 large boneless, skin-on turkey thighs, about 3 lbs.
-1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
-2 large carrots, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
-1 large sweet potato or yam, cut into 1-inch cubes
-3 medium-sized shallots, stemmed, peeled & quartered
-1 can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
-4 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon & orange zests and juices with the Dijon mustard, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
3. In large bowl, pour dressing over sliced lemon, turkey thighs, Brussels Sprouts, sweet potato, carrots, shallots, chickpeas and herbs. Gently toss to combine.
4. Arrange mixture in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet with the turkey, skin-side up.
5. Season with more salt and pepper.
6. Roast 40 to 45 minutes until the turkey is cooked through, (temping 165 degrees with a digital thermometer) and vegetables are fork tender.
7. Turn the oven broiler on for the last 8-10 minutes of cooking just to crisp everything up and make the turkey skin nice and golden brown.