For this week’s recipe, Chez Christophe provided this tasty Lemon Curd recipe. Enjoy!
– Egg – 280g
– Sugar- 270g
– Lemon Juice- 180g
– Zephyr White chocolate- 85g (available on our online store)
– Butter chopped in small cube- 170g
1. Mix egg and sugar in a bowl with whisk until it is combined well.
2. Add lemon Juice to the egg mixture and mix well. Strain the mixture into a bowl and cook over bain-marie
3. Whisk the mixture until it becomes thick and check temperature. Should be 90 degrees
4. Once it is cooked, add white chocolate and chill in the fridge with saran wrap cover contact
5. Cool the mixture to 40 degrees and add room temperature butter pieces for better texture but it is fine to add after it’s cooked to 90 as well
Chez Christophe has been serving both classic Swiss desserts and pastries along with his modern twists using fresh and local flavours since 2013. Their collection includes freshly baked pastries and cakes and handcrafted artisan chocolates. Customers can also find an array of macarons, signature chocolate bars, and other confections along with a full coffee bar and sandwich menu.
The owner, Christophe Bonzon is a Swiss-trained Pastry Chef/Chocolatier. In March of 2013, Christophe and his wife Jess opened their doors to Chez Christophe’s first location in Burnaby B.C., and their second location in 2019 in White Rock, BC.
The Chez Christophe team is always striving to develop new products to add to the collection every season so that customers have something new to look forward to. Chez Christophe prides itself on creating products that are made from scratch and with love. They do their best to use as many local suppliers and partner with other local businesses as possible to support the community. Chez Christophe products are seasonal and in B.C. there is no shortage of amazing fresh fruit which can be found in many of Christophe’s Summer items.