This three-ingredient Airy Matcha Truffles recipe by Paragon Tea Room is simple, quick to make, and delight your taste buds! This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and will be a crowd pleasure for this summer’s parties.
Airy Matcha Truffles
– Whisk (preferably a Hand Mixer)
– Mixing Bowl
– Plastic Wrap
– Parchment Paper
– Piping Bag
– Wilton Open Star Cake Decorating Tip 1M (optional)
– Disposable Gloves
– 140 g baking white chocolate recommend using Hershey’s white chocolate chips or Baker’s White Chocolate
– 1 tbsp Matcha powder
– 70 g whipping cream
– Boil water in a saucepan. Set aside.
– In a medium mixing bowl, add white chocolate chips. If you are using white chocolate blocks, make sure to chop beforehand. This allows the chocolate to melt easily.
– Melt the chocolate in a double boiler by placing the heat-resistant bowl on top of the saucepan. Stir often and watch it melt. Remove bowl from the heat once the chocolate is melted to prevent burning.
– Sift in your matcha powder into the melted white chocolate. Use a spatula to mix until combined with no clumps.
– In a small saucepan, heat the whipping cream over medium-high heat, until bubbles start showing on the edge. This should take less than 30 seconds, so do not leave it unattended. Do not boil the whipping cream.
– Pour the whipping cream into the melted chocolate. Use a spatula to mix until combined with no clumps.
– Wrap the bowl, touching the surface of the chocolate, with a plastic wrap. Freeze for 30-35 minutes (max 30 minutes if you are using a whisk; max 35 minutes if you are using a hand mixer).
– Whisk (preferably using a hand mixer) the chocolate mixture until stiff peaks. This should take less than 30 seconds with a hand mixer, or about 100 times using a whisk.
– Line a baking sheet (or plates that can fit into your freezer) with parchment paper.
– Prepare the piping bag with the piping tip. Put the chocolate into the piping bag and remove all excess air using a plastic scraper. Pipe on to the lined baking sheet. It can turn into a vertical ribbon-like shape. If you do not have a piping tip, you can cut the piping bag to create a big, round tip. Pipe into a ball shape and try to do each piping in one go. This will help with shaping later.
– Put in the freezer for 1 hour or overnight. Dust with your preferred tea or cacao powder. Ready to serve.